Private tutoring or group lessons?
In every phase of our educational life ιδιαίτερα μαθήματα–, the quality assimilation of the knowledge we receive is essential. To achieve this, further assistance from those who possess this knowledge is necessary. It is believed that a different mode of transmission, with different examples, arguments is the “Key Way”. But there is a drawback: Do I have to choose the PRIVATE COURSES or the TUITION? Which of the two is better?
1. They are perfectly adapted to the program of the interested party. So it is convenient for students who have various extracurricular activities, for employees with non-fixed hours and also for athletes who have training. It is easier for children who have got lots of activities in the afternoon to just sit and wait for their tutor to arrive. They just have the lesson and after they finish, they are free to continue their day!
By doing tutoring one to one gives you the opportunity to shape the lesson to your own needs. So, if you or your child taking the lesson have lack of knowledge in some subjects, the lesson will be implemented slowly while if you understand things faster , then the lesson will be accelerated. The customizing character of the private lessons at home is a great point as the focus of the teacher is right on you and nobody else.
In addition, the special ones are ideal for people with learning difficulties. This as the teacher will focus on the student’s difficulties.
4. Last and basic advantage is that in the PRIVATE COURSES the student is alone. This means that the teacher focuses only on himself and not on others as is done with Tutoring.
Advantages of group lessons:
First of all, the student has the opportunity to join a department or a group that will have a number of students and so the lesson becomes enjoyable and group for all students. Furthermore, some groups (in adults) have people from various backgrounds and sometimes different age groups. This way you happen to exchange opinions and learn more about your classmates while at the same time learning about the chosen subject.
Most afternoon schools -also known as frontistiria in Greece- today have interactive whiteboards and in general means by which the course becomes more interesting and at the same time more effective. This way children can have a whole interactive learning experience. It is extremely important to use all the technological means at the afternoon schools as many children might not own computers due to financial problems at home!
During the school year students submit to competitions. So each student tries to compete with the rest of his classmates by giving more basis and attention to the lesson than he would give in a private lesson. By doing so, the students (either adults or children) learn how to compete in a kind manner and how to surpass themselves.
Finally, it should be mentioned that despite the reductions in the prices of private lessons, the prices offered by the Tutoring Centers are still the cheapest. This point is a very important one for people who cannot afford private tutoring
In the field of education, it takes a lot of thought as everything shows that there is no perfect way to learn. There will always be pros and cons. However, whatever decision one makes, one can visit tutors.gr where one will find teachers for private lessons, but also tutoring for every lesson, for every age, for every place.
Make sure to log in the tutors website and pick your teachers wisely! This online platform will help you find either group lessons or private tutoring and even online private lessons!
Read more about private lessons:
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Δημοτικού
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Γυμνασίου
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Λυκείου
- Συγγραφή Εργασιών
- Συγγραφή Πτυχιακών Εργασιών
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Πανεπιστημίου
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Ξένων Γλωσσών
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Μουσικής
- Ιδιαίτερα Μαθήματα Ηλεκτρονικών Υπολογιστών